INSTANTLY REFRESH YOUR EYES & FACE WITH
A BLEPHAROPLASTY IN DUBAI
Do you have sagging skin on your upper eyelids? Or eye bags, puffiness, droopy, fine-lined, or wrinkled skin on the lower eyelids? If you are keen to get rid of such concerns and have an instantly refreshed and more youthful appearance, you might consider getting a Blepharoplasty.
Blepharoplasty – also referred to as cosmetic eyelid surgery, eye lift, or eyelid tuck is a surgery that removes excess skin, muscle, and fat and tightens the skin around the eyes – from the upper or lower eyelids, or both.
At our state-of-the-art plastic surgery clinic in Dubai, our experienced plastic surgeons use ultra-modern equipment and techniques to provide you with an instant, rejuvenated look that leaves you looking years or decades younger.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
Local Anesthesia/ IV Sedation
WHY CHOOSE HASAN SURGERY & DR. HASAN ALI FOR YOUR BLEPHAROPLASTY IN DUBAI?
- Dr. Hasan Ali is among the most experienced plastic surgeons in Dubai, if not, the best plastic surgeon in Dubai. He has an unparalleled body of work for facial contouring surgeries, including Blepharoplasty. The results obtained by his clients and their satisfaction levels are second to none.
- A Blepharoplasty is a facial contouring surgery. Great, natural-looking, and long-lasting results from such surgeries requires a plastic surgeon who has an acute grasp of facial anatomy, and also prioritizes your safety. A skilled blepharoplasty surgeon is a facial contouring expert with extensive experience to perform the eyelid surgery successfully without any negative impact. And in that respect, Dr. Hasan Ali is highly accomplished.
- Dr. Hasan is known for his exceptional skills as a plastic surgeon. He is that rare kind of plastic surgeon who is widely respected and trusted by his patients and fellow doctors alike. He has performed 5,000+ surgeries with outstanding results.
- Dr. Hasan’s clinic – Hasan Surgery – is located in Dubai, UAE in the prestigious Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC). True to Dr. Hasan’s desire for excellence, Hasan Surgery is a highly modern, state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery clinic in Dubai. It is set up as an Ambulatory daycare surgical facility.
- Hasan Surgery is the 1st AAAASF accredited plastic surgery clinic in Dubai & UAE, which is the global gold standard for outpatient surgical facility accreditation. The accreditation acknowledges the high standards and latest technology used by the clinic, and its focus on patient safety.
- Hasan Surgery is a rare plastic surgery clinic that has been awarded an appreciation letter after scoring 100% on a safety survey by DHCR – an exemplary achievement and commitment to quality and patient safety.
- Because of his high standing as a top plastic surgeon in Dubai, Dr. Hasan Ali is also a renowned trainer of plastic surgeons, surveyor, and examiner.
BLEPHAROPLASTY BEFORE / AFTER IMAGES
As per Dubai/ UAE regulations, we are not permitted to show images without written patient consent. The below before/after images are only those for which we have patient consent. For this procedure, we have a vast collection of before/after images, but those have not been consented to by our patients for public display. We would be delighted to show you our results during your initial consultation. We encourage you to ask our surgeons for the same during the consultation.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is one of the most popular facial contouring surgeries worldwide for men and women. Aimed at redefining the shape of your eyes, it leaves you looking younger and refreshed. This effect is achieved by removing excess skin, fat, and tissue from the upper and/or lower eyelids.
The skin surrounding our eyes is fragile and tends to become loose with age, forming wrinkles quickly. Aging eyelids impact the overall personality of a person, making them appear older than their actual age. For women, it is also hard to use makeup with droopy eyelids. Problems such as droopy eyelids, eye bags, puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles – can all be addressed via Blepharoplasty.
While eyelid surgery is widely done for cosmetic reasons, it is also often done for medical reasons. Excess hanging skin on their upper eyelids can affect eyesight, preventing people from seeing clearly. Correcting the problem with an eyelid surgery can help such people see clearly.
Blepharoplasty is often combined with facelift, brow lift, and/or fillers to achieve an even more dramatic impact on appearance. It is also combined with ptosis surgery for people whose droopy upper eyelids require tightening the eye muscles and tendon.
How is Blepharoplasty performed?
Blepharoplasty is done either under local anesthesia or IV sedation. During the surgery, your plastic surgeon will mark your body and make incisions on the part/s from where excess skin/ fat/ tissue is to be extracted.
For upper eyelid surgery, the plastic surgeon will make an incision in the natural fold of the upper eyelid. The incision is made just under the lower lash line for lower eyelid surgery. The surgeon removes the excess skin, fat, and tissue through these incisions. The remaining tissues are then tightened, and the incisions are closed. The result is tighter skin around the eyes, making you look youthful and rejuvenated.
Who is an ideal candidate for Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is indicated for men and women who have:
- excess skin on the upper eyelid that blocks their field of vision;
- puffiness in the upper eyelids, making them look constantly tired;
- extremely narrow or uneven upper eye surface, which does not allow for makeup application;
- droopiness, eyebags, excess skin, and fine lines on the lower eyelids.
Blepharoplasty is not meant to lift sagging eyebrows, remove dark circles, or correct crow’s feet.
The ideal candidate should be a healthy person who does not have any severe or long-standing eye condition. They should not have any medical condition that could interfere with the healing of the wound.
Blepharoplasty cannot be performed on people with cardiovascular or thyroid issues or those whose eye orbital structure is not conducive to the surgery.
Before ensuring your candidature for the Blepharoplasty, your blepharoplasty surgeon will review your medical history and past and present health condition. You will have to discuss your medication, including any herbal supplements.
As a possible Blepharoplasty candidate, you must have realistic expectations about your resultant appearance after the procedure. You must stop smoking before and after the surgery, as tobacco can slow down the healing process by slowing blood flow to the skin.
The surgery will show desirable results only on generally healthy people who have no previous history of cardiac issues, pulmonary emboli, excessive bleeding, seizures, immunodeficiency disorders, or deep vein thrombosis. People with such conditions are discouraged from undergoing this procedure due to a higher risk of surgical complications.
People on specific anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant drugs are also discouraged from undergoing eyelid surgery.
What are the different types/ techniques of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty types/ techniques are categorized as:
Upper Eyelid Surgery or Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty:
Upper eyelid lift/ surgery is usually done under local anesthesia with or without sedation.
Heavy/ drooping upper eyelids, puffiness, aged appearance, and obstruction to the field of vision are corrected by this surgery.
“Asian eyelid surgery” or “double eyelid surgery” is a type of upper eyelid surgery that enhances the upper eyelid crease in people of Asian origin to westernize the look of their eyes.
The incision for upper eyelid surgery is made in the upper eyelid’s natural crease. To achieve the desired results, excess skin and fat from the upper eyelids are removed through the incisions.
Muscle repositioning may be involved in some cases.
Lower Eyelid Surgery or Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty:
Lower Blepharoplasty is usually done under local anesthesia with sedation, though general anesthesia may be needed in some cases requiring excessive correction.
This surgery helps to reduce eye bags and puffiness and correct fine lines on the lower eyelids.
The incision for lower eyelid surgery is made just under the lower eyelash line. Excess skin and fat from the lower eyelids are removed through the incisions to provide smooth lower eyelid contours. Fat redistribution and muscle tightening may be needed in some cases.
Transconjunctival Eyelid Surgery or Transconjunctival Eyelid Blepharoplasty:
Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty is usually done under local anesthesia with sedation.
This surgery helps to reduce eyebags for people with moderate excess fat deposits without requiring any skin removal. This technique does not involve skin tightening.
The transconjunctival incision is made inside the lower eyelid and is therefore not visible. Excess fat from the lower eyelids is removed through the incisions.
The type/ technique of Blepharoplasty needed for you will be determined by your surgeon, considering your facial anatomy, your orbital structure, the type and extent of correction required – fat/ tissue/ skin/ muscle, and other relevant factors.
What is the cost of Blepharoplasty in Dubai?
Blepharoplasty types/ techniques are categorized as:
The cost of Blepharoplasty in Dubai depends on the following factors:
- Skill and experience of the plastic surgeon
- Standard of the clinic/ hospital where the surgery will be performed
- The treatment area/s – upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both
- Extent of correction needed – fat/ skin/ tissue/ muscle tightening
- Whether the procedure is combined with other facial contouring surgeries or procedures
It is advised to get an initial consultation from a specialist plastic surgeon to know the cost applicable to your case and your eligibility for the procedure.
What anesthesia is usually given for Blepharoplasty?
At our clinic in Dubai, Blepharoplasty is mainly performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation.
When can I resume normal activities after my Blepharoplasty?
Most people are able to go back to work within a week.
What are the possible risks and side effects of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a delicate procedure and must be performed only with an experienced plastic surgeon. In the hands of a skilled blepharoplasty surgeon, the procedure is safe, but the following complications may be seen:
- Temporary eyelid numbness
- Internal bleeding
- Hematoma (fluid accumulation under the skin)
- Contour irregularities
- Dry eyes
- Double/ blurred vision
- Retinal detachment
- Temporary inability to close the eyes
- Lid lag or ectropion (lower lid folding/ rolling outwards)
- Vision loss
What recovery and post-operative precautions are needed after a Blepharoplasty?
Most patients experience pain and discomfort after the surgery when anesthesia effects diminish. You will start to feel comfortable after 2-3 days.
Immediately after the Blepharoplasty, the incision locations will look red, bruised, uneven, swollen, or discolored, and scarring will also be visible. It is normal to feel some loss of sensation in the treated areas after the Blepharoplasty. This temporary numbness will go away once the part is completely healed.
You will be prescribed antibiotics to avoid infection, and ointments/ eye drops to lubricate the eyes and prevent dryness. During your first week of recovery, you can expect issues with pain and bruising. The pain is managed with prescribed medications and bruising through cold compresses. You should get plenty of rest during this time.
After the first week of recovery, it is necessary to do a follow-up visit with your plastic surgeon to monitor your progress and check the incision sites.
When will the results of my Blepharoplasty surgery be visible?
Post-surgery, there will be an immediate visible improvement in the shape and appearance of your treated area, though there will be bruising and swelling that may last for 2-4 weeks. The final results from your Blepharoplasty will typically be visible between 4-6 weeks after the procedure.
How can I maintain the results of my Blepharoplasty surgery?
Blepharoplasty results are typically long-lasting. Many people get the benefit of lifelong results. However, changes in weight and aging can affect the appearance of your eyes. Combining a Brow Lift with eyelid surgery can help maintain longer results.
For best results, strictly follow the care instructions of your plastic surgeon before and after the surgery.
BLEPHAROPLASTY VIDEO GALLERY
*Disclaimer: Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Results Can Vary Significantly Between Patients. In terms of results and expectations, there are numerous variables with every patient, surgery, recovery, and healing period. For more information, please read our Full Disclaimer.
Well experienced and supportive team. Thanks alot Dr. Hasan and your entire team for professional support from the beginning. Good luck !
Mahmuda Narghees (2020)
I did with doctor Hasan Ali few procedures and it was done perfectly. I’m so happy with the results . Wish you and your all nice team best of luck and lots of appreciation from your patients !😍
Nataliya Savitska (Prior to 2020)
The customer service was great, the place was nicely maintained and staff was very clear when explaining the procedure and making me feel comfortable throughout the surgery. The procedure was a delicate one and was handled with care. Minimal scarring with excellent cosmetic outcome. Thank you
Hafsa 1shine (Prior to 2020)