Breast implant surgery is a popular surgical solution for breast augmentation. The procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis, where the patient is put under IV sedation or general anaesthesia prior to the procedure. Women can choose between a soft silicone shell implant filled with either saltwater or silicone gel and decide on the preferred shape for their breast.
During the breast implant surgery, the plastic surgeon will make cuts under the breast or and around the nipples to insert the implants. The incisions are closed with a suture and require good aftercare for proper healing. Most of the stitches will be removed in 7 to 10 days post-surgery. The breasts will feel rounder and firmer after the procedure. However, it is very important to care for yourself after a breast implant surgery for proper healing.
Tips for recovery
Post the breast implant surgery, your plastic surgeon in Dubai will suggest you sleep upright, like on a recliner for at least the first 48 hours. You will be asked to avoid all sort of strenuous activity for at least two to three weeks after the surgery. Mostly after 8 weeks, most women will be allowed to return to all normal activities.
Here are a few tips to help you heal faster during the resting period –
Your routines –
- Getting enough sleep and rest will help you recover. As your normal routines are limited, use the time to rest your body well.
- Avoid lifting anything heavy that will make you strain, including your child, grocery bags and milk containers. Make sure not to lift anything above your head for 2 to 3 weeks.
- If your incision has a drain, take your shower only after it is removed. Do not take a soak or bath in a hot tub for around 3-4 weeks right after the surgery.
- You can go back to your normal routines in 1 to 2 weeks depending upon the type of work you normally do.
Food Patterns –
- The most important thing after a breast implant surgery is to keep yourself hydrated. Drink a lot of water or fresh juices unless your doctor asks not to.
- You can continue with your normal diet unless your stomach is upset. In that case, try low-fat foods like plain brown rice and yoghurt.
- Eat fibre rich food to avoid constipation and straining bowel movements.
Clothes To Support-
- During your recovery, your breasts will be wrapped in gauze dressings or an elastic bandage to support your breasts.
- Some support bras can help in reducing swelling and provide good support to the breasts as they heal.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes otherwise to alleviate discomfort.
Medicines That Help-
- Post-operative medications mostly include painkillers and antibiotics to prevent the infection.
- Use ice packs to reduce any discomfort.
It is normal to feel soreness or swelling after breast implant surgery. Follow the post-surgery doctor’s instructions for a fast and complete recovery. Contact your plastic surgeon in Dubai in case of unbearable pain or other emergencies.