Before we delve into the pros and cons of VASER liposuction, let’s briefly understand what VASER lipo is and how it works.
What is VASER Liposuction? How does VASER Lipo work?
Traditional liposuction involves using a small cannula to loosen the fat before removal – it is, therefore, an invasive procedure, albeit minimally invasive.
As opposed to traditional liposuction, VASER Liposuction uses ultrasound vibration to loosen the fat before suctioning.
This is the essential difference between traditional and VASER liposuction.
Like traditional lipo, VASER lipo also can be performed on most areas of the body, including arms, abdomen, back, buttocks, calves, chin, neck, flanks, and thighs. It’s especially effective for gynecomastia treatment.
A candidate for liposuction is also suitable for VASER lipo. I.e., they should be within a normal BMI range, be generally healthy, have select pockets of stubborn fat they wish to eliminate, and have good skin elasticity.
VASER Lipo Pros vs. Traditional Lipo:
The benefits of VASER lipo far outnumber & outweigh those of traditional liposuction. The main pros of VASER liposuction are:
- For the patient, it’s a much gentler procedure vs. traditional liposuction – it does not traumatize the skin, which can happen with conventional lipo
- It’s also a more efficient surgical alternative – it allows for improved body contouring capabilities, greater control, and precision – it’s, therefore, the preferred option for Hi-Def liposuction, which involves precise surgical body contouring
- The VASER lipo surgeon can remove more fat in a shorter period
- It results in minimal scarring and does not need stitches
- VASER lipo results in lesser discomfort, bleeding, pain, swelling, and bruising vs. traditional liposuction
- It involves less downtime vs. traditional liposuction – most patients can get back to non-strenuous work within three days, depending on the treated area
- It has a much faster recovery period vs. traditional liposuction
VASER Lipo Cons vs. Traditional Lipo:
The cons of VASER lipo as compared to traditional liposuction are:
- It is typically more expensive because it uses specialized equipment and involves a higher surgical skillset
- Not all plastic surgeons are trained on the VASER machine and can provide excellent results for VASER lipo – it requires a long learning curve for a plastic surgeon to master VASER lipo
- Older versions of VASER lipo machines that use ultrasound-assisted liposuction may have issues with endpoint burn
Overall, VASER liposuction is by far the better technique of liposuction. However, it is essential that you choose a VASER liposuction surgeon skilled at VASER lipo.
Dr. Hasan Ali @ Hasan Surgery is widely recognized as the “VASER King” and the best VASER liposuction surgeon in London & the UK due to his mastery of VASER lipo. He has been working with VASER for 15+ years.
He has delivered outstanding results with VASER lipo and is a pioneer of VASER 360 & 4D VASER H-Def liposuction in London. Dr. Hasan has trained dozens of plastic surgeons in the use of VASER.
Dr. Hasan Ali has used VASER lipo for gynecomastia treatment since 2006 and is considered the best VASER gynecomastia surgeon in the UK.