GET COMFORTABLE WITH
A LABIAPLASTY IN LONDON
Do you have an enlarged labia minora, i.e excessive labial skin due to childbirth, aging, or other medical reasons? If yes, labiaplasty can help to correct it and restore the labia to a normal appearance.
Labiaplasty is a surgery that reduces the size of the labia minora. It is one of the most commonly performed genital rejuvenation procedures.
At our state-of-the-art plastic surgery clinic in London, our experienced plastic surgeons use the latest equipment and techniques to trim the labia and provide a more appealing result.
FACTS AT A GLANCE
Local Anesthesia with Sedation/ General Anesthesia
WHY CHOOSE HASAN SURGERY & DR HASAN ALI FOR YOUR LABIAPLASTY IN LONDON?
- Dr. Hasan Ali is among the most experienced plastic surgeons, if not, the best plastic surgeon in London. He has an unparalleled body of work for body contouring surgeries, including Labiaplasty. The results obtained by his clients and their satisfaction levels are second to none.
- Labiaplasty is a type of cosmetic body surgery. Considering this, a surgeon who is a expert in body surgeries is likely to give the best results for your labiaplasty. And in that respect, Dr. Hasan Ali is highly accomplished. He has been performing these procedures for over 15 years and is considered highly skilled in this. He is also one of the most professional and discreet plastic surgeons around, who values your privacy, confidentiality, and safety like none other.
- Dr. Hasan is known for his exceptional skills as a plastic surgeon. He is that rare kind of plastic surgeon who is widely respected and trusted by his patients and fellow doctors alike. He has performed 5,000+ surgeries with outstanding results.
- Dr. Hasan’s clinic – Hasan Surgery –is based in Harley Street, London, UK & Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, UAE. At our London practice, we perform surgeries at top accredited clinics/ hospitals in London.
- With our special Dubai medical tourism packages, you can also choose to do your surgery at our Dubai clinic with follow-ups at our London clinic. True to Dr. Hasan’s desire for excellence, our Dubai clinic is a unique, highly modern, state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery clinic. It is the 1st AAAASF accredited plastic surgery clinic in Dubai, which is the global gold standard for outpatient surgical facility accreditation, acknowledging our high standards, latest technology, and focus on patient safety. It is also a rare plastic surgery clinic that has been awarded an appreciation letter for scoring 100% on a safety survey – an exemplary achievement and commitment to quality and patient safety.
- Because of his high standing as a top plastic surgeon in London & Dubai, Dr. Hasan Ali is also a renowned trainer of plastic surgeons, surveyor, and examiner.
BEFORE / AFTER GALLERY
As per UK regulations, we are not permitted to showcase images without written patient consent. For this procedure, we have a vast collection of before/after images, but those have not been consented to by our patients for public display. We would be delighted to show you our results during your initial consultation. We encourage you to ask our surgeons for the same during the consultation.
What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a surgery that removes excessive, redundant labia from female genitals. The term labiaplasty refers to the reduction in size of the labia minora. The labia minora are the bands of tissue on either side of the vagina that are directly inside the labia majora. These two flaps of skin extend down from the clitoris.
Hormonal changes in the body brought on by pregnancy, puberty, menopause and age, enlarge and darken the color of these tissues. Many women find these changes particularly disturbing as they may be obvious to them and their sexual partners. In some cases, the labia minora can become so large that it interferes with sexual intercourse.
Labiaplasty offers a solution to women facing such issues.
How is Labiaplasty performed?
Labiaplasty is done either under local anesthesia with sedation, or general anesthesia. The procedure involves cutting away the excess tissue and closing the incision. The aim of the surgery is to reduce the labia minora and not to totally remove them.
There are mainly three methods to do a labiaplasty, and the choice depends on the specific client circumstances.
Trim Technique – This method focuses on removing the edges of the protruding areas. It removes the dark edges of the labia, giving it a more petite appearance. Excess labial tissue is trimmed with a scalpel or laser. The area is then closed with stitches.
Wedge Technique – Unlike the “trim” method, where the edges of the labia are cut, this method removes a wedge of tissue from the center of the labia. This helps to retain the natural contours of the labia. Once the excess tissue is cut, the sides are stitched together.
De-epithelialization Technique – The tissue lining the labia is removed with a scalpel or laser, and the area is then closed with stitches.
What is the difference between Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty?
Often women confuse labiaplasty with vaginoplasty, assuming they are the same. However, the two procedures are different. While labiaplasty is a surgery to remove excessive labial skin and tissue, a vaginoplasty, also called “vaginal rejuvenation” is a surgery to tighten the vaginal canal.
Who is an ideal candidate for Labiaplasty?
The ideal candidate should be a healthy female who is above the age of 18. She should have excessive labial skin which causes discomfort or self-consciousness during intercourse, exercise, or wearing of tight-fitting clothes.
She should not have any medical condition that could interfere with the healing of the wound.
Prior to ensuring your candidature for the Labiaplasty, your plastic surgeon will review your medical history and past and present health condition. You will have to discuss the medication you are on, including any herbal supplements.
You must stop smoking prior to the surgery and after the surgery, as tobacco can slow down the blood flow to the skin and thereby slow down the healing process.
Your plastic surgeon will check your previous medical history prior to recommending the procedure. The surgery will show desirable results only on women who are generally healthy and do not have any previous history of having cardiac issues, pulmonary emboli, excessive bleeding, seizures, immunodeficiency disorders, or deep vein thrombosis. Women with such conditions are discouraged from undergoing this procedure due to a higher risk of surgical complications.
Women who are on certain anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant drugs are also discouraged from undergoing a labiaplasty.
What is the cost of Labiaplasty in London?
The cost of Labiaplasty in London depends on the following factors:
- Skill and experience of the plastic surgeon
- Standard of the clinic/ hospital where the surgery will be performed
- Amount of skin to be removed
- Whether the procedure involves other allied procedures such as vaginoplasty
It is advised to get an initial consultation from a specialist plastic surgeon to know the cost applicable to your case and your eligibility for the procedure.
What anesthesia is usually given for Labiaplasty?
We mostly perform Labiaplasty at our accredited clinic in London, under local anesthesia with sedation, without the need for General Anesthesia. In rare cases, if the surgery needs to be performed with general anesthesia, it is done at an accredited hospital in London.
When can I resume normal activities after my Labiaplasty?
We recommend you schedule at least 1 week off from work after your Labiaplasty. The complete healing and recovery after the surgery will need more time.
Take note that even after the first week, you might be required to avoid specific activities until you are fully recovered. For people whose work involves strenuous physical activities, you’ll need upto 6 weeks for your full recovery. We recommend intercourse is avoided for 6 weeks.
What are the possible risks and side effects of Labiaplasty surgery?
Labiaplasty is a safe procedure with a skilled plastic surgeon, but following complications may be seen:
- Swelling and bruising
- Prominent scarring
- Excessive bleeding
- Temporary numbness
- Temporary or permanent loss of sensation in the area of surgery
- Wound dehiscence or delayed wound healing
- Blood clots
- Painful intercourse
What recovery and post-operative precautions are needed after a Labiaplasty surgery?
Most patients experience pain and discomfort after the surgery when anesthesia effects diminish. You will start to feel comfortable after a couple of days.
During your first week of recovery, you can expect issues with pain and bruising. The pain is managed with prescribed medications and the bruising through cold compresses or Arnica gel. You should get plenty of rest during this time, though you should walk lightly in order to promote circulation and avoid blood clots. Take your oral antibiotics to prevent any sort of infections.
It’s recommended to wear loose cotton underwear and use panty liners as blood spotting is expected. Sitz baths, i.e. soaking in a tub of warm water is also recommended.
After the first week of recovery, it is necessary to do a follow-up visit with your plastic surgeon to monitor your progress— to check the incision sites. Attend all your follow-up visits to help with the full recovery process.
For the first 6 weeks, avoid strenuous physical activity and sexual intercourse. During this period, you should also use sanitary pads instead of tampons.
Continue with follow-up visits with your plastic surgeon for continuing post-surgical care as recommended.
When will the results of my Labiaplasty surgery be visible?
Post-surgery, there will be an immediate visible improvement in the shape and appearance of your labia. The excess skin would have gone. Once the swelling subsides within 2-3 weeks, the results will be even more visible. After a few months, you will see the full results and final appearance of the labia. After the first year, the scars usually start to fade.
How can I maintain the results of my Labiaplasty surgery?
Labiaplasty is a surgery that enjoys a high patient satisfaction rate. The results are long-lasting too. For best results, strictly follow the care instructions of your plastic surgeon, prior to, and in the aftermath of the surgery. Future pregnancies and aging can affect the results achieved.
Labiaplasty (Cosmetic Gynecology)
*Disclaimer: Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Results Can Vary Significantly Between Patients. In terms of results and expectations, there are numerous variables with every patient, surgery, recovery, and healing period. For more information, please read our Full Disclaimer.
(These are patient testimonials for other services, not for labiaplasty)
I love every single treatment I received! The facility is extremely clean, the staff is nice, and my procedure went great!
Emma Stone (2021)
I can’t recommend this clinic enough. The staff is very welcoming and professional. Had a good overall experience in the clinic.
Jennifer Luke (2020)
Great team of experienced professionals! Everyone is professional, courteous and caring. Dr. Hasan is extremely knowledgeable and explains the process so that you are comfortable with procedures that being performed. I love my results!!
Lasaundra Stuckey (2020)
I did with doctor Hasan Ali few procedures and it was done perfectly. I’m so happy with the results . Wish you and your all nice team best of luck and lots of appreciation from your patients !😍
Nataliya Savitska (Prior to 2020)
Table of Contents